Project Skyrim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Other networks
Latest topics
» Need a tree and rock modeller to help with Mesogea
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm by valisarius

» Hello guys problems on the home frount!
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am by runestyr

» Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» The Races of Skyrim
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Happy New Year! :D
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Shadow mere horse texture
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Smithing skill +10 (warning, lots of photos)
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am by runestyr

» Karl Pilkington in Skyrim
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm by Ultiman

Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy

4 posters

Go down

Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy Empty Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy

Post  Mr. Bravo Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:17 am

SO, a portfolio then. Something of a presentation of what I'm doing. Where to start? Razz I'm very flexible in my work with a neverending interest of trying out new things and learning more. Not very interested in highpoly rendered scenes or that kind of stuff though, only things to be used in games.

Currently I'm using 3d Studio Max 2012 and Photoshop. I'm still experimenting with different programs for learning sculpting and baking highpoly normalmaps. But at the moment I'm pretty hyped about the brand new NDO2, which is a powerful plugin for Photoshop to be used for creating normalmaps either on the bitmap or directly on 3d-objects. Seems very cool and fairly easy-to-use in an environment I'm already very used to. I'll have to get back to you on this later!

The best and most up to date example is no doubt a project of mine called "Swedish Army Mod" (SAM) for the game ArmA2 and soon VBS2 and eventually ArmA3 next year. I've been running this with a few friends for almost 2 years now, and it's been quite a ride through different stages of my learning-curves in many areas. I'm mainly responsible for 3d-models and textures, but also handle character-animations, some implementing and media. Most of my work here is still very WIP, but at least it proves I'm capable and understand the whole process from creating a model to having it ingame with textures and animations, eventhough this isn't Skyrim. It's just a matter of spending a few days learning particular tools for implementing Smile

A few examples of objects I'm working on for this project (Soldiers, RG32M Vehicle, Skylark portable UAV, combat bag;

Soldier1
Soldier2
RG32M Vehicle 1
RG32M Vehicle 2
Skylark poartable UAV
Combat Bag

As for Skyrim, I've started off with texture-mods (Like everyone else). I currently have my own small project "Tobes Highres Textures", where I'm mainly focusing on retexturing clutter and furniture (Apparantly I have quite a lot of competition on this area right now). Trying to be true to original textures, with a few exceptions where I dont like the originals at all. This of course also include matching normalmaps and proper speculars.

This project is also a part of the upcoming texture-pack "Skyrim Pretty Pack", but anyone is allowed to use my textures if they want to. Just as long as I'm notified and given proper credits Wink

Middle-class furniture
Some clutter
Dead animals

I have quite some experience in modding Oblivion, so I'm very familiar with how things are structured and work with this Gamebryo engine. The Creation Kit will probably not be so very different to work with compared to eariler versions of CS.
I did a lot more wip/personal stuff than released stuff unfortunately, but I managed to dig out some old screenshots from my NAS Very Happy

"Tobes House" is a classic, and people are nagging about a new version for Skyrim as well Razz A very simple but cosy player-owned house with a great location and view. No neverending halls of display-cases, mannequins or cheating alters here.

Outdoor
Indoor

Also worth mentioning is a project I started working on, which I used for my own gaming during development, but never managed to finish for a proper release. It was supposed to be a vampire castle hidden inside a mountain, owned by a more proper vampire clan compared to the traditional Oblivion vampires who lived in filthy caves and ruins, greatly inspired by the Underworld-movies. Players who were vampires could earn a resident here, and enjoy the clans resources/shops, feeding-chamber, sadistic parties and an arena where they could fight werewolves. Quite an awesome idea, but turned out to be way too ambitious for one person (I'm stubborn like that) Razz Might give this another shot in Skyrim!

Player owned residens 1
Player owned residens 2
Castle main hall

So I'm hoping to find the time to at least create minor things or help people for all kinds of projects, while also sharing whatever I make on my own with anyone interested. Of course I'm also hoping to learn a thing or two myself around here Razz Most of you guys seems to have a lot more knowledge than me especially regarding 3d-creation. I'm always open for criticism and suggestions!
Mr. Bravo
Mr. Bravo

http://www.samstudios.se

Back to top Go down

Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy Empty Re: Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy

Post  runestyr Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:20 am

Welcome! New textures are looking good!
runestyr
runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy Empty Re: Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy

Post  Ultiman Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:20 am

what im most impressed by is your ability to stay true to the original design, and it dose look like it was the original art design only a HQ texture:P that's no small feat. well done
and we are always interested so please do share Smile
Ultiman
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Bravo Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 am

Thanks! Smile

Staying true to original textures is a kinda hard line to follow, especially when most of them have been so compressed you can barely see how their original details and contours once was Neutral So people seem to have quite variating opinions of how these "new" details should look, but I try to follow my own vision and logic on this matter.

In some cases I take more drastic choices of re-designing, as all originals doesnt always seem natural or logic. The barrels for example, when I was making the texture for that crappy type of barrel, it hit me that the two ropes (Or whatever it is) holding the wood together made absolutely no sense at all, so I changed it to some very rusted metal instead. And as these barrels are often placed in pretty fine homes and inns, I though they deserved a slightly better wood too, but still with a rough low-class/outdoor feel to it that would fit in all kinds of environments.

Oh well, it's fun to mess around with nonetheless rendeer

(Brightness has been adjusted since this wip-shot)
Mr. Bravo's/Tobe's portfolio-thingy C10
Mr. Bravo
Mr. Bravo

Back to top Go down

Post  runestyr Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:05 am

I like how you changed the barrels so that the difference between "clutter" and "container" barrels is more subtle, but still visible. When you say brightness is adjusted, I hope you made the wood less rotten-looking?
runestyr
runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Welcome :] and awesome work, yes NDO is an amazing pluggin, have you seen Thiago Klafke's making of DM_Zest? he intergrated it into his normal map workflow and had some amazing results http://www.thiagoklafke.com/makingofdmzest.html
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Bravo Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:49 pm

runestyr wrote:I like how you changed the barrels so that the difference between "clutter" and "container" barrels is more subtle, but still visible. When you say brightness is adjusted, I hope you made the wood less rotten-looking?

Heh, I actually didnt even have a clue about one barrel being a working container and the other only being clutter until someone mentioned it in my comments. Barrels mostly just contain food, so they're quite uninteresting ingame even for a thief-character. I'm still certain I've seen both of them being used as containers though.

The wood is not rotten, it's just some worn bark on the low-classish one Razz But it shows a lot better ingame and in brighter light. Here's the original texture. But yes, that one in particular was quite more brightened. I have a tendancy to use a bit too much contrast sometimes cause I simply like that style to it. But it's better to let FXAA Injector deal with this in Skyrim instead for personal use, and keep the textures fairly neutral for anyone downloading.

DiGiTAL ZOMBiE wrote:Welcome :] and awesome work, yes NDO is an amazing pluggin, have you seen Thiago Klafke's making of DM_Zest? he intergrated it into his normal map workflow and had some amazing results http://www.thiagoklafke.com/makingofdmzest.html

Thanks! That's indeed a quite nice workflow he did there. I'm using very similar techniques, but still need a lot of experimentation and learning to get better and more defined results. Still beginning with colormap, and then making a copy of that psd-file to adjust all my original layers into something that would generate a good and matching normalmap and specularmap. Feels a bit clumpsy, but NDO will hopefully change all this soon (Havent bought it yet). But I like his rule of thumb about not going bakin' if it's better/faster done in Photoshop Razz Mudbox and Zbrush is harder to get a long with.
Mr. Bravo
Mr. Bravo

Back to top Go down

Post  runestyr Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 am

Mr. Bravo wrote:Barrels mostly just contain food, so they're quite uninteresting ingame even for a thief-character.
Ahh. See, I pick up everything. I'm not even out of Helgen and I've already added 1000 pounds to my carrying capacity via the console. pig

And once I discovered that cooking (turn food into low-power healing expendables) was one of the few in-game actions that does not raise any stats and level before I was ready, I was even more interested in collecting whatever food was lying around.
runestyr
runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down