Project Skyrim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Other networks
Latest topics
» Need a tree and rock modeller to help with Mesogea
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm by valisarius

» Hello guys problems on the home frount!
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am by runestyr

» Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» The Races of Skyrim
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Happy New Year! :D
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Shadow mere horse texture
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Smithing skill +10 (warning, lots of photos)
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am by runestyr

» Karl Pilkington in Skyrim
DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm by Ultiman

DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist

4 posters

Go down

DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist Empty DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:51 am

DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist Kamaz

At the moment I'm working on a texture for a new Daedric weapon...

DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist Iron-Throne-game-of-thrones-20742670-1600-1065

and the iron throne from Game of Thrones for a mod called Dance Of The Dragons Im going to package it so it replace the Jarls throne in game as a mod for players. It will also be open source so other modders will be free to include it as a hero asset in their own work.

DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist Mammothharness

I'm also working on a War Mammoth Harness, as there is talk of being able to use the wild creature as a mount when the creation kit is out in Jan. The above is a total w.i.p shot as there is lots to add yet. I was thinking of building him a big Nordic headplate, and adding spikes to his tusks to make him more war like.

Being able to ride a Mammoth makes a lot of sense and the more I think about it the more I like the idea. There is official lore involving giants riding Mammoths they are called Tundrastriders. So i don't see any reason why Nords wouldn't try to saddle one up, especially during times of war.

I'm going to render the mammoth model from a few angles and do some paint overs, ill post up my images and see what you guys think as to what design reads best. All input is most welcome :]

DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist Empty Re: DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist

Post  Ultiman Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:03 pm

that axe is sweet man did you design that or are you just working on a texture for it?. that would be real cool to be able to ride a huge mount like that, would be great to script it to be able to trample people to death as u ride over them. Razz
Ultiman
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist Empty Re: DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist

Post  Spacerogue Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Awesome stuff mate =D
Spacerogue
Spacerogue
Warmed up
Warmed up

http://www.biocore-studio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  runestyr Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Daedric ice axe FTW!

Is that throne made out of swords? You'd need to wear armor just to sit on it, but it looks very authoritarian as a throne should. Very Happy

For the war mammoth, the real world history shows some head armor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schlacht_bei_Zama_Gem%C3%A4lde_H_P_Motte.jpg
and there's always the Lord of the Rings movie for inspiration on where you can add spiky things. I bought the War Elephant mount in the Elseweyr mod for Oblivion, but it was getting killed every other encounter on the road, so I felt like I wasted my 12K septims. I hope the war mammoth has companion-level survivability, i.e. withdraw when hurt, regenerate slowly, and not rejoin the fight until it's mostly healed (by which time the fight should be over).

I once rode an elephant in Thailand, and you're way up off the ground so any potential predators really only see the elephant, not its riders. So my other suggestion when the CS/CK lets you implement this is that, if you're riding a mammoth on the road, anything smaller than a troll and smarter than a spider would let you walk past and not start a fight.
runestyr
runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Ah nice ^^ yes my girlfriend rode elephants in India so i have been quizzing her as to the experience, thank you for the suggestions. Sadly I've not had chance to carry on with anything of late as moving my home and life to Brighton is taking its toll on all my time.

On the positive side I am up to over 70 Ebay auctions now (meaning less to carry in boxes!) Very Happy
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  runestyr Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Yeah, good luck with the move. That reminds me of what I heard someone saying the other day. He was flying on a plane and the flight crew announced, "Please remember to take all your belongings with you. We get a lot of electronic devices that people have left behind. But now, there's a web site where you can go to recover your lost devices. The address is www.ebay.com."
runestyr
runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultiman Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

my gf collects things i am going to hate the day i have to move some where i may have to hire a dump tuck secretly to get rid of most of it.... funny thing is she probably wouldn't notice lol. gl in the move Zombie
Ultiman
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks guys :] Managed to get a few mins to myself of late so i have been sculpting a stone slab floor texture that tiles (quite nicely so far) but we will soon see when i bake it down. Hopefully i was accurate enough building the base mesh in max.

Still flogging things on Ebay, its quite surprising what people bid on :S ever heard of a fantasy figure company called Rackham Games? I sold a catalogue that i got for free over the counter in 2004 for 42.00.. Exclamation Crazy old website Laughing

DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down