Project Skyrim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Other networks
Latest topics
» Need a tree and rock modeller to help with Mesogea
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm by valisarius

» Hello guys problems on the home frount!
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am by runestyr

» Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» The Races of Skyrim
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Happy New Year! :D
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Shadow mere horse texture
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Smithing skill +10 (warning, lots of photos)
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am by runestyr

» Karl Pilkington in Skyrim
Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm by Ultiman

Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.

3 posters

Go down

Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. Empty Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.

Post  theycallmecheese Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 am

I made these.

But I use maya and mudbox and nothing I've tried so far has produced the file types needed to put them into skyrim. The texture maps are .tga but I have no idea what kind of shader the engine uses. I'm assuming its a phong with a cube map.

Any assistance would be appreciated by one me.

Thank you.

theycallmecheese

Back to top Go down

Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. Empty Re: Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 pm

You could try exporting your meshes as obj's, then opening your obj's with 3DS Max and exporting as a .nif file from there using the Niftools pluggin. For your textures (.ddf) you will need the Nvidia pluggin for photoshop to convert your tga's http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

If your a student btw you can download Max for free, if you have no access to Max i can do the .nif converting for you, just link me up to the obj's. Have you extracted meshes and textures from Skyrim yet, do you know if your stuff is to scale? as i dont mind fixing that for you either

Nice to have you on board here, lovley work. Hope the above info helps you out Smile

Last edited by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs. Empty Re: Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.

Post  runestyr Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:01 am

Interesting design idea, and your models look great.
runestyr
runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  theycallmecheese Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:42 am

@DZ yeah not having 3Dsmax has basically been the stumbling block for me. I'm not a student anymore and I dont even have max at work. Never used it and for some reason, even though they are virtually identical and use the same file types and are made by the same fucking company, there's only a nif plugin for max and not maya. I can send you .objs if you'd be willing to work them into the engine on your end. My texture files may need re-fixing, especially the normal maps; Looking at the ones from the game, it appears that one of the channels is inverted and there's a secondary spec map (gloss? cube map?) in the alpha channel.

theycallmecheese

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 am

Hook me up to the Obj's and textures and ill convert them for you. It's a walk in the dark until the creation kit is out, I'm guessing the cube map is assigned by the engine when you swap out your model for another as all I have had to create so far for something to work well in engine is a diffuse, normal and specular map. Keep me updated with any new information you find out on this topic.

Another way i figured stuff out in the beginning was by going to Nexus and downloading a rated mod to then take apart. That will give you a good idea of what file types/structure is needed. Also google a guy called somuchmonsters, he's done some awesome tutorials on getting weapons into game/working with the blood effect. (if you need a link to his stuff let me know i keep a note of everything in my blog.

DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  theycallmecheese Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 pm

ok. Gonna send you a pm w/ the files.

theycallmecheese

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am

No problem, thanks :] Ill take a look and get back to you
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down